All Rented Property in England needs an EICR by 1st April 2021
What is EICR?
An EICR is an Electrical Installation Condition Report
This report completed by an electrician checks that all electrical installations in a property including light fixtures & electrical sockets.
This report confirms the electrics are safe for a tenant
Landlords with rental properties in England need to obtain this certificate before 1st April & serve it to their tenants within 28 days of the inspection
If I Do Nothing
Landlords who fail to do so will face a fine of up to £30,000
- Landlord Services in Sheffield
- Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018
- Landlord Responsibilities – Gas Regulations
- Landlords Guide to Water Supply & Your Responsibilities
- Landlord Need to Know Guides