Our Spring maintenance checklist suggests that should be being performed and there’s definitely something about the satisfaction of a good spring clean!
So what jobs do we suggest should be focused upon at this time of year…
- Roof checks for any damage or moss build-up (after some winter storms, tile damage in particular is a risk that could go unnoticed until such time as it becomes critical)
- Guttering & draining – is it free of debris that could cause blockages?
- Is external brickwork and paintwork free of damage or are touch-ups needed?
- Check your attic or loft space to ensure its still dry & moisture-free
- Clean windows, dust light fittings, and move furniture to reach overlooked nooks & crannies
- Get ruthless with throwing away or donating un-used or un-wanted items, or things that are past their best
- Re-align thermostats to take into account current temperatures
- Commence garden prep-work by mowing the lawn, and trimming back hedges & shrubs
All achievable tasks, I’m sure you’ll agree with us, we’re all excited to be on the way for Summer’s focus on outdoor living!
- Garden Maintenance in Rented Property
- Are You a New Landlord?
- Repairs: A Guide for Landlord & Tenants
- Should You Furnish Your Rental Property?
- Japanese Knotweed